Sourcing Officer (Fabric & Garment)
Zodiac Clothing Co Ltd
Zodiac Clothing Company Limited, a leading manufacturer of Branded men's wear seeks dynamic professionals for its ambitious growth plans .
1. You have to send out all development worksheets to our suppliers in India and the Far East, after receipt of packages from the design department.
2. Follow up for desklooms/strikeoffs/labdips from the respective suppliers.
3. On receipt of the desklooms/strikeoffs/labdips, get approval from design.
4. Get purchase orders from the design department and order sample fabric on receipt.
5. Fix price and delivery for samples with the suppliers.
6. Get bulk order prices from the suppliers for each sample order.
7. Follow up for sample delivery and ensure samples delivered on time.
8. Ensure payment for samples is made on time to suppliers.
9. Ensure shipping documents are received and sent to the factory in concern well before the consignment arrives.
II. Fabric sourcing.
1. Check fabric rates with existing suppliers for all qualities twice a year, to determine whether we are paying the market rate or higher.
2. Meet all suppliers once every 2 months to review their new developments, with the main objective of sourcing new qualities.
3. Offer new qualities to design/merchandising departments to be offered to our customers.
4. Source new customer requirements with our existing supplier base.
5. Look for new suppliers who can offer competitive advantages of price, delivery or high quality, or a combination of these factors.
1. Check costing sheets for every order to determine whether the cost incurred for every order is as per the costing taken.
2. If not, work on ways to bring down cost.
3. Work on ways to bring down the cost of lining, thread, plastic buttons, metal buttons, polybags, cufflinks and cartons.
4. Work on bringing the average cost of accessories per shirt down to targeted levels.
IV. Ready apparel
1. Source new products from suppliers:
a) Suit range
b) Tie range
c) Pochette range
2. Get size set made and approved by marketing.
3. Fix orders price and delivery.
4. Fix styling details for the product, including packaging.
5. Follow up for bulk order deliveries until the time the goods arrive in the central distribution center.