Software Engineering Manager - Operations & Logistics Technology, India – Move Icc
Country : India
Region : Karnataka
Town : Bengaluru
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for experienced Engineering Manager to join our team in Gdansk, Poland.
The engineering manager supports a squad of world class engineers, manages delivery priorities and ensures high quality and well architected solutions are delivered on time and within budget.
What will you work on?
You will build and deliver the roadmaps for the existing and new Technology capabilities needed, build and develop the team and lead vendors and other partners to delight consumers. You will support multiple mission critical platforms across Inventory, Order Management, Fulfillment and Logistics. The squad you support will own multiple microservice based platforms that use inhouse solutions or best of breed third party packages to deliver value to our consumers.
Who will you work with?
You will work with globally distributed teams across product, program, architecture and engineering. You will help your squads collaborate with other squads to deliver end to end solutions. You will report into the Director of Engineering for your capability area.
* A minimum of 5 years management experience of high performing software engineering teams
* Leadership in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline development team environment
* Experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2, GCE, Rackspace, Azure etc.)
* Experience in designing and implementing highly scalable web applications
* Experience in micro service architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful Services using Java
* Exposure to continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred
* Exposure to Supply Chain domain areas like inventory management, order management, logistics management, warehouse management
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
* Comfortable working with globally distributed and diverse teams
* Comfortable attending meetings with partners across multiple global locations
* Comfortable supporting local activities in building and growing local Nike Global Technology presence
* Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other relevant subject area, or equivalent experience.