Software Engineer Iii, India – Move Icc
Country : India
Region : Karnataka
Town : Bengaluru
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
Nike Global Technology is taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it. Nike inspires athletes worldwide to move faster, push harder and pursue their personal best. From personalized training content to access to sport's top stories, the world of Nike is changing the playing field like nothing before.
The MOVE team within Global Technology is determined to be a global leader in supply chain technology. We are passionate about Nike and all it represents: limitless drive, innovation, creativity, and possibilities for collaboration. We focus relentlessly on talent and are always looking for ways to encourage growth. As a Software Engineer III, India for the MOVE Technology team, you will...
* be part of a mission critical team focused on building a high-throughput, low-latency, fault-tolerant supply chain platform that drive Nike's Digital transformation and growth strategies.
* serve as a technical leader for the software engineering team.
* rely on an understanding of scalable, highly available, and consistent distributed systems.
* partner with engineers, architects and other teams to ensure that the ecosystem of services remains loosely coupled and independently scalable.
* design and develop RESTful API's following domain-driven design.
* utilize experience in using inversion of control and creating infrastructure via code.
* remain current with industry trends and participate in development of key innovation features.
* have strong communication skills, solve complex problems, and being a team player is key.
* A minimum of 4-8 years software development experience
* Delivery excellence in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline development team environment
* Experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2, GCE, Rackspace, Azure etc.)
* Experience in designing and implementing highly scalable web applications
* Experience in micro service architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful Services using languages such as Java, Node, Scala etc.
* Experience working with NoSQL data stores like Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB etc.
* Experience working with relational data stores like MySQL, Oracle etc.
* Experience with monitoring and tracing tools like Splunk, SignalFx, New Relic etc.
* Experience with continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred
* Exposure to Supply Chain domain areas like inventory management, order management, logistics management, warehouse management
* Exposure to implementing or integrating with enterprise scale packages like SAP S4, IBM Sterling, Manhattan WMS
* Working knowledge of Scrum and agile principles
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
* Comfortable working with globally distributed and diverse teams
* Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
* Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other relevant subject area, or equivalent experience.