Senior Software Engineering Manager - Consumer Product Platform, India - Consumer & Marketplace Icc
Country : India
Region : Karnataka
Town : Bengaluru
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
We are looking for candidates that can build and Lead, Coach, Drive and Inspire technology teams. The ideal candidate should be extremely self-motivated, and comfortable working in a fast-paced DevOps environment and be able to develop a vision and long-term goals for how your teams will serve our Nike's Technology. You will need to leverage your prior experience, knowledge of industry trends, and personal creativity to develop new and innovative solutions which delight our customers.
What will you work on
For this role, the candidate will be part of the Consumer Product Platform organization, which is responsible for building next generation tools and services that serve consumer ready product information to Nike experiences and back end teams. We are in the process of modernizing our entire product data platform, building scalable applications and services in the cloud. Our operations tools are used by hundreds of users across the globe to plan, prepare, and activate Nike products across multiple Nike consumer experiences. Our product data APIs are being updated to unlock Omni-channel business cases, and support billions of API calls per month. This is a team that's always on the offense, working on innovative solutions and building world class solutions to serve Nike teams and consumers around the globe. Ensuring your teams can execute effectively is the highest priority and will be facilitated by the Senior Engineering Manager by fielding the right team, measuring and adjusting in an Agile environment and ensuring the right work, with the right scope and the right timelines are aligned and agreed upon.
Who will you work with
The Senior Engineering Manager will be directly managing software developers and other squad resources to effectively build, deploy and support applications that provide value for the business. To be successful, the Senior Engineering Manager will also work within the leadership team. They will partner with Product, Program and Architectural counterparts to deliver high quality solutions, on time. This role does require the candidate to interact with stakeholders and interested parties in Nike's other offices and locations to coordinate, plan and ultimately deliver.
* Being a leader at Nike, the Senior Engineering Manager is required to have great communication skills in order to represent and speak for the team.
* The candidate should have at least 7 years of experience managing technical teams and come from a strong digital technology background.
* A background managing teams building scalable, cloud-based applications is highly preferred and should be able to clearly communicate industry best practices, implement the right technical trends and avoid anti-patterns
* When moving quickly, requirements and technical direction may not always be clear, and the Senior Engineering Manager is expected to step in, set that direction, measure results and adjust as necessary.
* You will manage a front end and back end team, so full stack experience is needed including: REST, AWS, Java, Node, Relational and No SQL Databases (like DynamoDB or MongoDB), and experience with front end frameworks (such as React, Angular, etc.)