Senior Software Engineer - Sap
Country : India
Region : Karnataka
Town : Bengaluru
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Minimum 8 years of experience in SAP BI,BW and minimum 3- 4 years in HANA.
- Accountable for major BI transformation from any DB to BW on HANA or Native HANA platform.
- Involved in architecture and detailed design and implements the deployment plan
- Expert knowledge in Data Architecture, Modeling, integration, governance and BI/Analytics capabilities with the BW on HANA.
- Core HANA skill preferred along with due understanding of go no go for Core HANA or BW on HANA.
- Strong experience in HANA studio and create views - Calculation, Analytical and Attribute views
- Responsible for performance tuning of BW on HANA systems utilizing best practices
- Has experience with at least 3 end to end implementation projects as SAP BI developer.
- Defines, validates and executes SAP BI/BW Strategy by leveraging SAP BW, BusinessObjects, Analytics Cloud and HANA capabilities.
- Effective analytics skill with Python or R integrated with SAP leveraging SAP working standalone.
- Experience with functional domains of SCM ,Finance and any ISU capabilities.
- Experience on Niche modules like success factors ,Ariba and sales force.
- Provides involvement in solution architecture, provides ongoing implementation oversight and hands on support as needed for new development projects in support of our SAP BI/BW program.
- Deliver and supports delivery of minor/monthly and major SAP BI/BW enhancement release cycles.
- Involvement in release scoping, design, build, test, change control, documentation and deployment activities with internal SAP BI/BW project and operations teams, business stakeholders, shared services and compliance teams
- Manages business user communication regarding UAT.
- Ensures appropriate risk resolution and mitigation for SAP BI/BW platforms as issues are identified
- Ensures no disruption to business operations upon deployment of SAP BI/BW releases to production systems
- Must have deep technical expertise in multiple SAP BI suite of products, especially BW, BOBJ, SAC.
- Actively researches and develops new knowledge and collaborates on solutions
- Deploys new approaches to domain optimizations and anticipates domain requirements and business needs
- Develops, designs and implements integrated solutions to resolve highly complex technical and business issues
- Excellent ability to multi-task assigned duties or projects
- Effectively communicates complex ideas in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing
- Works under minimal supervision
Requires bachelors' degree from a four year college or university with 10 plus years of in depth hands on experience in SAP BI/BW platform; or possess an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of BI tools for data analytics, visualizations, reporting etc
- Advanced knowledge of Data Modeling. Ability to assimilate requirements into conceptual/logical data models across information management solutions (relational, Dimensional/Columnar, document)
- Advanced knowledge and extensive experience in Data integration (Point to Point, ETL etc)
- Strong knowledge of Agile Methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of best practices and standards for BI development
- Full SAP BI lifecycle Experience (Data Modeling to Reporting)
- SAP (SDI, SDA,BODS, SLT, SAP DataServices, Dynamic Data Tiering, ILM, Data Hub, BW/4Hana) - preferred
- BI Platform (BOBJ, SAP Analytics cloud, MicroStrategy, Tableau, Power BI) - preferred
- Analytics - R ,Python and PAL - Secondary but preferred.
- Functional - APO,SCM(Sales/inventory ), Finance, CRM or any ISU module.
- Data Base (Sql Server, Postgres, DB2, Hana)
- SQL (ANSI, PLSQL, Analytics)
- Data Modeling (Erwin, BW)
- Cloud Experience with PaaS, DBaaS
- Team Performance management Tools (SOLMAN, JIRA & Remedy)
- Tackle complexity in order to effectively find solutions and solves problems
- Drives results by consistently achieving completion and closure of tasks, even the face of obstacles and setbacks
- Adaptive personality and ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- A problem solving attitude that can adapt to varying timelines
- A strong attention to detail combined with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills; promoting healthy relationships and team dynamics
- Strong capability to plan and align work with regards to sense of urgency and priority
- Strong capability to provide Business Insight