Senior Software Engineer Iii - Nike Content Platform (Back End), India - Marketing Technology Icc
Country : India
Region : Karnataka
Town : Bengaluru
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
The Content platform for the ecosystem of Sport to efficiently power Nike's Global, Personalized, Consumer anywhere experiences and journeys.
Nike strives to connect athletes* to every aspect of sport* through daily engagement. We want to accompany them on their athletic journeys every day. A consumer wants to engage with Nike on the channels that resonate with her. She expects the experience to be contextual, relevant, and personalized based on information she's shared with Nike. She is not satisfied with one size fits all marketing strategies. Content must be in her language.
The content platform provides tools and services to handle and publish a single pool of localized content that is attributed for personalized delivery. Our headless approach enables multi-channel content reuse. Automation enables us to all PDPs to assemble and publish without human intervention.
Globalization capabilities unlock accelerated go-to-market for global experiences and consistent cross channel journeys by reducing the time and cost to develop internationalized experiences. The vendor agnostic localization capability unlocks scale and quality through a distributed linguist marketplace that includes machine translation capabilities.
Product copywriting capability ensures quality, consistency, and timely seasonal readiness of localized, SEO-friendly product copy across Direct and Partner channels.
As a Senior Software Engineer III, you will be a prolific code contributor and will be expected to demonstrate code and product ownership. You will be responsible for advising product owners on technology-related business problems; formulating options and assessing their relative merits and risk to determine the best solution. You will work with other developers on the team, and through code reviews, ensure that all the work being done meets best practices and industry standards. You will be expected to write unit and e2e tests and will assist in troubleshooting and resolving production issues escalated from customer support. You will work with multiple cross functional engineering teams at Nike to build the future of sport.
* Bachelor's degree. Preference for Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems
* Minimum 6 years of hands on experience as part of a development team, building scalable applications
* Hands on experience working in a Distributed/Cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2/ECS, GCE, Rackspace, Azure, etc.) within a micro-service architecture
* Preference for candidates with experience in the content domain ideally with headless CMS
* Hands on experience in Springboot using Java
* Prior experience implementing highly scalable web applications and REST Web Services
* Hands on experience with schemaless (NoSQL) datastores like DynamoDB
* Experience applying machine learning methods in settings like recommender systems, search, user modeling, image recognition, graph representation learning, natural language processing
* Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
* Hands on Experience with CI/CD and working on teams with DevOps responsibilities
* Hands on experience in monitoring and monitoring tools (New Relic, SignalFX, etc.)
* Experience with unit test frameworks
* Linux and command line skills
* Experienced in Docker or similar technologies