Senior Software Engineer ii, India – Marketing Technology Icc
Country : India
Region : Karnataka
Town : Bengaluru
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Goals of the Marketing Technology group at Nike:
* Automate the production of marketing images and video
* Support Nike's Marketing team to inspire athletes using digital media
* Collaborate with media production teams to support their creative process
* Measure our impact and continually improve our connection to the consumer
The Asset Platform team will focus on making a scalable repository for Nike's digital media that is indexed and searchable. We will use the cloud to scale our application and technologies like Aspera to help move assets around the globe.
As our Senior Software Engineer (SW2), you will play an integral role in developing an innovative and highly scalable digital asset management platform to support the end-to-end process from curation to delivering of marketing content to Nike's authoring and delivery systems.
In this role, you will be:
* Innovating, architecting, designing, and implementing highly available, scalable systems, focusing on highly visible marketing initiatives
* Participating in the construction of new features and identifying areas for improvement proactively
* Collaborating with product team members at Nike to design, develop, and deploy a highly scalable digital asset management system and services.
* Collaborate with upstream and downstream technical teams to develop integrations to provide a seamless flow of our marketing assets from planning to delivery.
* Provide technical leadership and best engineering practices to continuously deliver working software by independently delivering features with guidance from your Lead Developer
* You will use your in-depth experience in software development to writing clean, tested, and well-documented code, as well as lead the peer code review process and partner with other engineers on the team.
* Academic background in computer science (BS or MS) or equivalent work experience
* 4+ years' experience developing highly scalable applications, APIs, and services
* Senior level experience with Java (AWS Lambda a huge plus)
* Familiarity with modern UI frameworks like React or Polymer.
* Proven track record of building a microservice architecture.
* Expertise with designing and tuning relational database (MySQL) and non-relation DB (MongoDB, Dynamo DB).
* Experience working with Product Managers, other development teams, and QA teams to accelerate software development and increase quality.
* Be a self-starter with a passion for technology and a burning desire to constantly improve yourself, the product, and the codebase
* Comfortable working within an exciting fast-paced environment by reducing ambiguity and building trust with the team
* Willingness to explore new technologies and creative solutions
* Strong at estimating work, planning, organization, and implementing complex software projects
* Development experience with digital asset management systems like Nuxeo or Alfresco
* Experience using cloud services to build an integrated application (AWS - EC2, ECS, API gateway, Lambda).
* Understands the challenge of moving large files across a geographically disperse network. Familiarity with different accelerated transfer methods and technologies.
* Experience with implementing CI/CD and leading teams with DevOps responsibilities of deploying and supporting the software in production