Senior Sap Application Engineer- Sec Tech, Icc - India
Country : India
Region : Karnataka
Town : Bengaluru
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
* As a Senior Application Engineer you will be providing integration solutions as part of the development and deployment of enterprise system solutions for the Nike business. Nike's SAPAE team provides engineering solutions for the Core AFS components like Order Management, Deliveries, Inventory Management, Finance, along with S/4 Fashion and Central Finance teams.
* In this position, you will be responsible for designing, developing, leading, and deploying SAP solutions. You will also be working with other senior engineers/architects and functional experts to ensure your developments work in a highly integrated environment.
* You will partner with our Process Solutions teams to understand requirements, assist in providing scope and cost estimates, and help drive engineering activities through deployment. You will partner with technical leads and managers on the team to support other engineers with technical consulting and direction, problem solving, as well as write & review designs, technical specifications, and ABAP code.
* You will work closely with Architects and leads to make sure all solutions adhere to existing guidelines and principles and assist in evolving our processes in an effort to continuously improve. In addition, you will partner with the rest of engineers on approaches and best practices for leading large and small technical implementations.
* The ideal candidate will have a strong SAP ABAP skillset with a good understanding of core ERP function modules. This position requires excellent communication & teamwork skills and the ability to multitask, innovate, and challenge conventional thinking.
* Ability to do business requirements gathering, documentation, gap analysis, designs, application integration, development, and testing on SAP S/4, Central Finance, FIORI, AFS, PO & SLT systems.
* Ability to design, develop, configure, and implement complex solutions and code including webservices, ODATA Services.
* Ability to support the Category based planning CIF integration process between SAP ECC and SAP APO
* Ability to do business requirements gathering, documentation, analysis, designs, application integration, development, and testing on a web based solution.
* Broad understanding of all components (Finance, Inventory, Allocation, Assortment Planning) of an SAP IS AFS solution
* Understanding SAP Retail suite and its integration to AFS.
* Experience leading Blueprint (Analysis / Design Phase) and Implementation phases across different functional areas
* Experience in development and data management, template technologies, micro-services, REST Web Services
* Strong experience in the deployment of code across environments using tools such as SAP's ChaRM.
* Ability to lead small teams or projects along with coordination of offshore/onshore teams or other functional areas.
* Ability to conduct performance monitoring, tuning, and analyze performance against benchmarks.
* Ability to prepare and review test plans, and conduct unit and integration testing.
* Experience in full life-cycle solution delivery projects (more than 15 people, longer than 6 months).
* Experience, interest and adaptability to working in a Waterfall or Lean/Agile delivery environment
* Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
* Passion for building trust, coaching, teaching, mentoring and learning
* Ability to multi-task and the flexibility to work on multiple projects at a given time.
WHAT YOU BRING
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or other relevant subject area
* 6+ years of professional experience in IT (2 years additional experience in lieu of a degree)
* 5+ years hands on experience in design, development & testing in SAP ABAP.
* 3+ years hands on experience in design, development & testing SAP AFS, PO and APO (CTM, CIF, BAPI's, BADI's, IDOCS, Webservices etc...)
* 2+ years of experience with source code maintenance using tools such as CHaRM, Microsoft VSS, GitHub, or SVN software repositories
* 2+ years' mentoring, governing, and supporting 2-5 Junior developers concurrently (preferred)
* Experience working as a senior engineer on multiple projects and business functions in both large (1-year+ projects) and small projects (>3 months)
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams
* Ability to pass a 7 year background investigation