Senior Engineering Manager - Nike Content Platform, India - Marketing Technology Icc
Country : India
Region : Karnataka
Town : Bengaluru
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
The Content platform for the ecosystem of Sport to efficiently power Nike's Global, Personalized, Consumer anywhere experiences and journeys.
Nike strives to connect athletes* to every aspect of sport* through daily engagement. We want to accompany them on their athletic journeys every day. A consumer wants to engage with Nike on the channels that resonate with her. She expects the experience to be contextual, relevant, and personalized based on information she's shared with Nike. She is not satisfied with one size fits all marketing strategies. Content must be in her language.
The content platform provides tools and services to handle and publish a single pool of localized content that is attributed for personalized delivery. Our headless approach enables multi-channel content reuse. Automation enables us to all PDPs to assemble and publish without human intervention.
Globalization capabilities unlock accelerated go-to-market for global experiences and consistent cross channel journeys by reducing the time and cost to develop internationalized experiences. The vendor agnostic localization capability unlocks scale and quality through a distributed linguist marketplace that includes machine translation capabilities.
Product copywriting capability ensures quality, consistency, and timely seasonal readiness of localized, SEO-friendly product copy across Direct and Partner channels.
As Senior Engineering Manager you will
* Set goals, vision and create technical road map for the team
* Manage a team of software engineers
* Collaborate with a globally distributed team
* Work closely with the product management team to ensure we're building the best products
* Mentor and develop future leaders
* Partner with Product, Architecture and engineering to create, influence the product backlog and make decisions on technical debt and feature road maps
* Provide technical leadership in the evaluation, conceptualization, design, and development of major new capabilities
* Share takeaways through blogs, talks and discussions across Nike
* Drive multi-functional alignment and technical delivery of major capabilities across value streams
* Champion DevOps methodology where you help propagate a culture of "Infrastructure as code"," Continuous deployments" and a culture of being responsible for the full life cycle of the solution.
* Use agile methodology concepts for quality, delivery and continuous improvement in observability, scalability, reliability of the platform.
* Bachelor's degree. Preference for Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems
* 10 + years software engineering experience
* 4+ years in a manager or leadership role with 6+ direct reports
* 2+ years' experience in working with multinational teams across time zones
* Experienced in computer science fundamentals, including algorithms and data structures
* Proficient in modern software architectural principles and patterns (REST, DDD, microservices, etc.)
* Hands on experience working in a Distributed/Cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2/ECS, GCE, Rackspace, Azure, etc.) within a micro-service architecture
* Experience applying machine learning methods in settings like recommender systems, search, user modeling, image recognition, graph representation learning, natural language processing
* Front-end web application expertise (React, Redux, GraphQl or similar)
* Continuous Integration and automated testing experience
* Experience deploying, monitoring, and supporting most important cloud applications
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both technical and business-facing