Senior Dev Ops Engineer – Sec Tech, Icc, India
Country : India
Region : Karnataka
Town : Bengaluru
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
If you're ready to innovate and lead in the Automation Engineering space, join Nike's Technology Automation Engineering organization. We are a fast pace DevOps organization that is always looking and moving forward to ensure we deliver platforms and solutions to meet our ever changing customer needs. We are responsible for delivering high quality hardware and software platforms to the Enterprise, on time and quicker than before. Working in our organization is rewarding and challenging, and like no other job you have had before.
As a Dev OPs Engineer in our Automation Engineering team, your role on the team will include delivering high quality platforms and software via our CICD pipeline to our customers. You will work with fellow team members in an Agile team setting and ensuring stories are successfully delivered by the end of each sprint. You will need to be a thought leader in the Automation and DevOps space and be able to drive change across the Automation team while continuously assessing areas for innovation.
* Develop and follow operational best practices for tools and automation development. Including: Style guides, versioning practices, source control, branching and merging patterns and advising other engineers on development standards
* Develop and advocate for CICD best practices, standards and processes
* Provide support to our operations team to support, maintain and upgrade the existing configuration management environment
* Help evaluate, build and deploy tools to assist with deployment framework required for each Enterprise platform
* Develop solutions in alignment with departmental goals, SLA's for availability, scalability and resiliency
* Help develop strategies for zero down time deployments and patching
* Partner with stakeholders to identify bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement in the deployment and build processes
* Help troubleshoot issues and work with the team to address root cause to minimize the chance of a second occurrence.
* Find opportunities to automate as part of the problem management process, creating automation to avoid issues.
Familiar with DevOps practices and continuous testing.
WHAT YOU BRING
* 3-5 years' experience functioning as a Sr Automation Engineer or Sr DevOps Engineer
* 3-5 years' experience in Linux Administration, Engineering and Automation
* 3-5 years' experience developing, delivering and operating modern cloud platforms / large scale distributed systems
* 3-5 years' experience working with revision control systems including Git
* 3-5 years' experience working in Agile teams and project teams
* Automation background in multiple scripting languages
* Direct experience with Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar Configuration Management tools
* Cloud automation experience with Terraform, CloudFormation or similar
* Hands on experience with delivering and managing solutions on AWS, Azure and/or GCP
* Production experience with containers, container runtimes (i.e. Kubernetes), and/or serverless technologies
* Desire to learn and continually improve self and others though knowledge sharing
* Closely work with a team of Automation engineers and ensure that the tasks are completed on time with top notch Quality
* Should be able to work on multiple tracks on priority basis in a fast paced environment
* Should serve as an escalation point to resolve blocking issues, dependencies, risks
* Closely work with Product Management, Development team, IT Ops team for ensuring resolution of issues and prioritization of work
* Sustain the various ongoing activities and processes of automation team like - Updating Stories and Features, Automation and Continuous Integration, Adherence to CICD pipeline processes and checklist etc.
* Excellent Communication and Stake Holder Management Skills.
* Should be able to work closely with Leads, Enterprise Architect, Director/VP levels