Senior Data Scientist
Country : India
Region : Karnataka
Town : Bengaluru
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
We are taking one of the world's most iconic brands into the next century:
from creating machine learning-powered denim finishes to using block-chain for our factory workers' wellbeing, to building algorithms to better meet the needs of our consumers and optimize our supply chain.
Be a pioneer in the fashion industry by joining our global Data, Analytics & AI "startup with assets," where you will have the chance to build exciting solutions that will impact our European business and at the same time be part of a bigger, across-continents, data science community.
As a Lead Data Scientist you will be the technical lead of the Data, Analytics and AI team and will create advanced analytics, machine learning, and AI solutions to better address our consumers' needs while streamlining our processes and approaching the business in more innovative ways.
In this role, you will translate the needs of our cross-functional stakeholders into predictive models and actionable insights that will drive revenue and/or reduce cost, with emphasis on automation and business process improvement.
This role will lead specific projects/initiatives for internal clients; directly mentor data scientists, data analysts, and data engineers; and will perform technical reviews on the team's work. In conjunction with the AMA Head of Data, Analytics, and AI, this role will make technical decisions on data, technology, and ways of working. This role will contribute to the global Data, Analytics & AI community, share your knowledge and leverage other global colleagues' experience.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop analytical solutions / production-ready models that solve real business problems, taking account of business needs and technology/operations landscape; lead interaction with internal clients and technology on specific projects and initiatives
- Apply advanced analytics, machine learning, and AI techniques to derive business value from the full range of internal and external data sets, leveraging Cloud-based "Big Data" technology
- Build data science pipelines from feature generation, data visualization and models evaluation; design the solution, build initial code and provide documentation with ways of working to maximize time to value and re-usability
- Translate complex data and methodology into strategic, operationally feasible insights and recommendations; automate implementation
- Communicate clearly and effectively to technical and non-technical audiences, verbally and visually, to create understanding, engagement, and buy-in
- Identify trends and opportunities to drive innovation, both in what we do and how we do it; evaluate new data science, machine learning, and AI technologies and tools that can boost team performance, innovation and business value
- Coach and mentor others, serving at the predominant technical data science expert on the AMA team, and one of the leading experts globally within LS&Co; actively contribute to and re-use community best practices
- Embody the values and passions that characterize Levi Strauss & Co., with empathy to engage with colleagues from a wide range of backgrounds
- Promote data science at Levi Strauss & Co in relevant channels through networking, speeches, and publications
- Advanced Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or an equivalent discipline required (PhD preferred)
- Experience in developing a variety of machine learning models and algorithms in a commercial environment with a track record of creating meaningful business impact
- Strong SQL and Python skills required; proficiency in at least one open-source programming language (R, Java, C++ or another) desirable
- Expertise in multivariate statistical modelling (e.g. clustering, regression, principal components and factor analysis, time-series forecasting, Bayesian methods) and machine learning (Random Forest, KNN, SVM, boosting and bagging, regularization etc.) required
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, GCP or other), or equivalent on-premise platform
- Ability to mentor and lead others; provide hands-on technical guidance; conduct code reviews
- Ability to simultaneously coordinate and track multiple deliverables, tasks and dependencies across multiple stakeholders / business areasDesirable:
- Experience with neural networks and deep learning, using frameworks such as TensorFlow, desirable
- Proficiency with data visualization tools (D3.js, R Shiny, Looker, Tableau or similar)
- Proficiency with Spark or MapReduce
- Experience working in agile methodology
- Prior experience in retail or FMCG