Quality Engineer Iii – Global Technology Quality, India - Tech Ops Icc
Country : India
Region : Karnataka
Town : Bengaluru
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
* We're looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join our Commerce, Activity, & Innovation Quality team in the QUALITY ENGINEER III role. The Commerce, Activity, & Innovation Quality team is part of Nike's Global Technology organization, focused on delivering scalable technology platforms and experiences that accelerate Nike's digital transformation.
* This role will be responsible for for test strategy and execution for our class-leading mobile applications, embedding directly within one of our cross-functional scrum or program teams. Quality Engineers represent the voice of both the consumer and the business, and must be able to process and balance competing priorities to deliver the best-possible consumer experience.
* Quality Engineers define test coverage, develop test plans, create and maintain test cases, execute functional and performance tests, and evaluate and report on the quality of existing technologies and new features in Nike's rapidly-evolving technology ecosystem.
* Candidates must have a deep understanding of mobile platforms and native mobile applications, with a demonstrated ability to solve complex problems related to mobile software delivery and quality. Candidates should be able to work with great attention to detail, deeply understanding what contributes to a seamless user experience and passionate about continuous improvement.
* The ideal candidate must be a strategic thinker with the ability to see the big picture and the impact technology has across the entire organization. They must possess a service orientation with the ability to listen and communicate effectively and work collaboratively with all levels of teammates and executives across the company.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
* As a QUALITY ENGINEER III you will find yourself immersed in fast-paced projects crossing a wide range of technologies and experiences. We will ask you to take a strong, consumer-focused view of every deliverable and, through collaboration, be responsible for consistent and reliable delivery of amazing software solutions.
* In this role you will most likely spend the majority of your time embedded within a scrum team. You will focus on defining test coverage, developing test plans, creating and maintaining test cases, executing functional and performance tests, and evaluating and reporting on the quality of existing technologies and new features in Nike's rapidly evolving ecosystem.
* Much of your work will focus on hands-on testing of new features as they are developed. You will roll up your sleeves and serve as an expert, hands-on tester of native mobile applications. You need to get satisfaction from the manual testing process and relish the opportunity to dig deep.
* You will need to be flexible and adaptable because our world changes daily. You will spend much of your time as a key member of a focused team solving a business problem, but you will also bring relevant experience and motivation to the entire quality organization. You will be passionately pragmatic and sincerely savvy, and capable of negotiation, reinvention, and smart compromise.
You may also be required to:
* Engage Product, Program, Engineering, and Design teams to design test strategies, influence unit and integration testing conducted by engineering teams, and compose test plans for automated, manual, and performance tests executed by Quality teams for targeted mobile experiences
* Develop, modify, apply, and maintain standards for software quality operating methods, processes, systems and procedures
* Conduct software inspection, testing, verification, and validation which results in the reduction of defects released into production, improves app store ratings, and enhances consumer experience
* Develop overall operating criteria to ensure implementation of the software quality program according to project, process, and contract requirements and objectives
* Ensure that project and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives, and/or contract
* Train and motivate teams of peers, engineers, or others to execute on the test plans and strategies that you define
* Review software design, change specifications, and plans against process requirements
* Support Site Reliability and engineering teams with problem triage and resolution
* Perform or direct verification of software requirement allocations, traceability, and testability
* Participate in bug scrubs and prioritization sessions
* Develop metrics and reports to share with cross-functional teams and Nike leadership
* Regularly update peers, stakeholders, and leaders on goals, key performance indicators, and outcomes
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
Members of the Commerce, Activity, & Innovation Quality team are embedded within scrum teams and represent capacity to deliver features to consumers and members. Team members work in partnership with engineering, product, program, and operations teams to define and execute on strategies for testing and monitoring. The Commerce, Activity, & Innovation Quality team is a part of Nike's Global Technology Tech Ops team. Tech Ops provides services and critical infrastructure in support of the enterprise, and technology performance across all nike properties.
* 5+ years of professional work experience in a software quality engineer role for native mobile applications (iOS or Android)
* Excellent knowledge of software testing methodologies, debugging tools, and quality test tools including Charles Proxy, Xcode, Android Studio, ADB, Logcat, and Jira
* Deep experience with a test management tool such as the Xray Jira plugin, TestRail, or HP ALM
* Excellent knowledge of mobile-specific software QA processes and methodologies
* Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle, including experience working in an Agile development environment
* Experience in developing test plans, writing defects, and providing relevant data for test reporting
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience assessing risk and providing key stakeholders with an expert opinion
* Knowledge of digital accessibility and disability inclusion
Nice-to-have skills include:
* Exposure to a "pixel-perfect" brand-focused organization
* Testing experience with smart watches including watchOS and Wear OS
* Knowledge of test automation and performance testing on mobile platforms
* Experience using assistive technologies (e.g., VoiceOver, JAWS, Dragon Naturally Speaking, ZoomText)
* Knowledge of regulations related to digital accessibility (e.g., Section 508, ADA)
* Knowledge of WCAG 2.1 AA requirements
* Experience using accessibility evaluation tools and frameworks (e.g., WAVE, Developer Tools, Accessibility Inspector)
* Professional training in using assistive technologies
* Experience conducting usability tests that include participants with disabilities