Principal Data Engineer, ed&a Icc
Country : India
Region : Karnataka
Town : Bengaluru
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Technology designs, creates and implements the methods and tools needed to make the world's largest sports brand run faster, smarter and more securely. Global Technology teams aggressively innovate solutions needed to help employees navigate Nike's rapidly evolving landscape. Simply put, without Nike Technology, there are no Nike products.
If you're ready to innovate and lead our Enterprise Data and Analytics organization, come join us now! You will be part of an organization that is revolutionizing Data and Analytics at NIKE that it is simplified, modern, flexible and will ultimately enable Nike on its journey to 2020 and beyond.
Nike Enterprise Data and Analytics vision is to enable NIKE's digital transformation through a re-imagined data ecosystem by providing a unified data source powered by free flow of information to unlock better insights and faster decision making. We want you to help drive and deliver our vision!
Come join our Enterprise Data and Analytics team and help deliver disruptive business opportunities through technology. As a Principal Engineer on the team you will research, understand and develop working POCs with new and disruptive technologies. You will leverage this experience to apply it to real business opportunities from concept to creation of real-world pilots.
Our culture is collaborative and results driven. We adopt the fail-fast operating model. We measure our successes in the proofs of concepts we create, the learning's from our failures and measured KPI's against our pilots. We operate across all areas of the business and focus on end-to-end solutions that deliver game changing impact.
Execute & Enable
* Rapid solution prototyping & execute proof of concepts. Refine or delete concepts that are not working. Launch or share the successful concepts with the most appropriate teams.
* Work closely with Enterprise Architecture to align and define technology integration, standards and practices
* 10+ Years' Experience in Technology innovation with new and disruptive technologies
* Experience working in a Distributed/Cloud-based environment (AWS preferred)
* Experience in one of more languages required: Java, Scala, NodeJS, Python, Go, C, C++
* Advanced experience building cloud scalable, real time and high-performance data lake solutions leveraging AWS, EMR, Spark, S3, Lamda & Streaming technologies
* Experience in NoSQL data stores, such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, or similar technologies
* Strong Data engineering skills with exposure to large volume data sets
* Experience with relational SQL
* Experience with scripting languages such as Shell, Python
* In-depth understanding of micro service architecture
* Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred
* Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
* Able to influence and communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with team members and business stakeholders
* Passion for technology and learning, a natural curiosity, with a love for delivering real-world results in a fast-paced environment
* Experience delivering software in an agile development process
* Ability to provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility
* Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
* Strong ability to perform system and application trouble shooting
* Skillful in rapid prototyping
* Experience in Machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistics preferred
* Internet of Things (IoT), RFID, NFC, signal analysis, simple electronics preferred
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area