CaratLane, Ackruti Star, MIDC, Andheri East, Mumbai
Merchandiser & Planner
Country : India
Region : Maharashtra
Town : MUMBAI
Category : Sales
Contract type : Internship
Availability : Full time
Experience : Student
Starting date : 1/5/2021
Salary : 4.5 -7 lakhs p.a.
@Shayagrams on Insta
Please check out all these platforms to know more about Shaya and understand the brand.
1. Monitor the category price grid, come up with quarterly plans in terms of theme, category, and price gap fillers. This feedback needs to go back to the design team:
-You need to give them a guideline on the category and style mix that’s needed for every collection.
-You need to ensure that the final prototypes are commercially viable.
-You will also need to make sure all checklists in terms of vendor guidelines are in place - from quality standards to the pricing that we have agreed upon.
2. Conduct consumer and competitor research on a regular basis to come up with merchandise insights, trends, gaps, and opportunities. This will be done through online research, market visits, and consumer interactions.
3. On the basis of 1 and 2, you will plan the merchandising calendar and make sure that the merchandising calendar is on track.
4. Consumer testing and price-check. Before every collection launch, we call a set of customers to test and preview the designs. Basis their feedback, we sometimes make design changes / make decisions on how much to order, etc. Pricing decisions will also be influenced by these interactions.
5. Complete ownership of new launches from the final prototype to go live. This requires working with multiple teams - design and production, vendors, creative, and marketing. You need to be super organised and an extra special skill in getting work done.
Some examples of a typical workflow:
-Coordinate with the design & production team on sample (design & costing) finalisation.
-Ensuring that sample and bulk orders are placed and on track.
-Briefing the marketing team and photographer to get the images out on time.
-Preparing a product detail sheet with appropriate tags and descriptions.
-Detailed QC of images & product detials before they go live
-Conducting post-launch research.
6. You also need to ensure that all consumer experience concerns with respect to product information image, text, functionality, etc. are captured and solved. Some might require small changes, some could be tech. You need to be able to articulate and provide a case for the changes that are required, and see them through.
- A jewellery enthusiast & buyer, hence we would always prefer a woman for this role. You need to be able to put yourself in the shoes of the customer.
- Experience in jewellery/ accessory buying and planning would be an added advantage.
- The ability to connect between customer feedback, trends and available data into a business-led design brief: If you are a business-led designer, you would make a great fit.
-You should be comfortable with numbers & excel.
-We prefer candidates already living in Mumbai.