Manager- Logistics Operations
Country : India
Region : Karnataka
Town : Bengaluru
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy and all genders are welcome. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
- Maintain control and ensure regulations to all import and export processes and monitor work according to corporate and local policies and evaluate all new custom requirements and supervise everyday operations according to standard procedures.
- Responsible for all transactions related to imports and exports of all divisions and product lines of the company.
- Co-ordinate with Origin Logistics team to ensure that all updates of shipping and customs rules are shared and incorporated in the GSI
- Co-ordinate with the Origins Logistics team to ensure all documents required to complete the customs clearance are received as per requisite timelines
- Ensure India specific HSN codes are shared with Origin Logistics team and updated in PID
- Co-ordinate with LSP to ensure that the best route is followed for shipments, track shipment movement and take corrective action in case of delays
- Co-ordinate with Category and Planning team to get priority for debonding and plan customs clearance
- Co-ordinate clearing and forwarding of all imports & exports for the company.
- Perform costing of all import shipments for goods in transit in the consignment data base.
- Liaise with Finance Department for opening Letters of Credit, transfers, and Bank Delivery Order for shipment covered by L/C.
- Co-ordinate with finance team on issuing Bond and Bank Guarantees for custom clearance
- Authorize our Freight forwarders to clear the goods in case of direct shipments.
- Co-ordinates for inspection and necessary survey in case shipments arrive in open/torn/wet/damaged condition.
- Attend inspection of damaged goods during transit at airport/seaport along with the Insurance company's representative.
- Obtain short lading certificate from Customs Authority.
- File Insurance claims and follows up for payments/credit note with the insurance company.
- Obtain all attested legal documents necessary for exports from relevant chambers of commerce.
- Check and verify Freight Forwarder's invoices for both imports & exports, obtain approval from respective department Head and forwards these to Finance for payment.
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of import and export customs processes, FTA benefits, HSN codes, CAROTAR, BIS etc.
- Should have 3-6years of experience
- Should have strong understanding of logistics operations and import/export