Manager - Android
Country : India
Region : Karnataka
Town : Bengaluru
Category : Retail
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Key liaison as a trusted advisor with brand leadership to prioritize, estimate, plan, and schedule system releases.
- Able to appropriately challenge business processes to ensure they are meeting business objectives.
- Able to manage and deliver releases and projects in a fast paced and ever changing business and technology environment.
- Prepare and communicate status, issues and opportunities to the business.
- Possess the ability to learn in-depth core Android technologies using the latest Android/Java features and frameworks to be able to provide technical direction to the team and input into technology roadmaps.
- Keep current on emerging trends and best practices and develop best in-class Android apps which User friendly, reliable, secure.
- Develop tactical and strategic plans for application changes, resource loading, application development and maintenance and approaches for continuous improvement. This includes the execution, adherence and continuous improvement to a sound application development methodology.
- Responsible for the quality of deliverable
- Responsible for developing applications based on Agile principles - especially with distributed/cross-shore teams
- Responsible for interfacing with Product Owners, Architects, Tech Leads, Developers, Acceptance testing teams and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for driving innovation within the Mobile application and support team.
- Possess the knowledge to support and build upon our Continuous Integration environment and tool sets.
- Develop and maintain roadmap for Continuous Deployment initiatives.
- Collaboration across multiple Direct technology support teams to align on work effort and priority.
- Establish and monitor performance objectives for staff and conduct performance evaluations, monitor succession plans, career development and merit process as defined by HR.
- Responsible to developing a high performance team
- Coaches/mentors/develops associates in career development and performance.
- Provide or recommend required training programs for developing appropriate skills within areas of responsibility.
- Manage work effectively across the team while providing career development opportunities through work efforts.
- Establish steady state and project timelines and deliver projects on budget and on time.
- Establish existing/new vendor relationships, seeking for process and funding improvements in contracts for projects and steady state work.
- 2 to 4 years of People Management experience leading application support teams
- 4 to 6 years of steady state release and project implementation experience
- 4 to 6 years Android application development experience with Android SDK, Device APIs, Java
- Mobile Application Architecture experience with mobile UI design patterns experience
- Expertise in Continuous integration and Continuous Automation Testing with keen focus on quality metrics including Unit testing and Test Driven Development
- Sound Web Technologies to integrate Mobile apps with backend Mock API's and API's
- Sound knowledge of Collaboration tools like Jira, Confluence, Git etc ...
- Sound understanding Crash Analytics and App store User ratings
- 4 year degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Expertise in Publishing mobile application to Google app stores
- Strong understanding of e-commerce technology and supporting business processes
- Experience with tools and techniques for identifying & analyzing real times issues
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Experience and passion to work in a fast paced Agile environment, delivering functional features in small time durations
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Good Team player
- Broad knowledge base in multiple applications or businesses