Lead Software Engineer, India – Retail Engagement Icc
Country : India
Region : Karnataka
Town : Bengaluru
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
The successful candidate is a proven software engineer with excellent communication, leadership and teamwork skills, with the ability to multitask, innovate and challenge conventional thinking.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
You will play a lead role on a team that designs and builds secure, highly scalable and innovative backend services in a continuous delivery model on the Nike cloud platform. You will be instrumental in driving technical design and requirements. You will lead by example in setting good development practices and be an advocate of new technology and meet with other engineering teams across Nike, to collaborate on feature delivery.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will work with a team of engineers, scrum masters and product owners to envision and deliver innovative, seamless solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s products and services to reach millions of consumers through the Nike brand.
* 7+ years' software development experience designing, developing and testing complex solutions and code in Web technologies such as Java, Scala, Node.js or similar
* Experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2, GCE, Azure, etc.)
* Prior experience in designing and implementing web services
* Experience in micro service architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful Services using languages such as Java
* Experience working with NoSQL data stores like Cassandra, DynamoDB, or MongoDB
* Experience with continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred
* Working knowledge of Scrum and agile principles
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
* Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
* Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area.
* 2 years additional relevant professional experience accepted in lieu of degree