Lead Software Engineer, India – Marketing Technology Icc
Country : India
Region : Karnataka
Town : Bengaluru
Category : Marketing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Goals of the Marketing Technology group at Nike:
* Automate the production of marketing images and video
* Support Nike's Marketing team to inspire athletes using digital media
* Collaborate with media production teams to support their creative process
* Measure our impact and continually improve our connection to the consumer
The Asset Platform team will focus on making a scalable repository for Nike's digital media that is indexed and searchable. We will use the cloud to scale our application and technologies like Aspera to help move assets around the globe.
As our Lead Software Engineer, you will play an integral role in developing an innovative and highly scalable digital asset management platform to support the end-to-end process from curation to delivering of marketing content to Nike's authoring and delivery systems.
In this role, you will be:
* Innovating, architecting, designing, and implementing highly available, scalable systems, focusing on highly visible marketing initiatives
* Leading with new ideas for new features and identifying technical areas for improvement proactively
* Partnering with product team members at Nike to design, develop, and deploy a highly scalable digital asset management system and services.
* Collaborate with upstream and downstream technical teams to develop integrations to provide a seamless flow of our marketing assets from planning to delivery.
* Provide technical leadership and best engineering practices to continuously deliver working software by mentoring other developers
* As the Lead, you will use your in-depth experience in software development to writing clean, tested, and well-documented code, as well as lead the peer code review process and mentor other engineers on the team.
* Academic background in computer science (BS or MS) or equivalent work experience
* 6+ years' experience developing highly scalable applications, APIs, and services
* Fluency with Java (AWS Lambda a huge plus)
* 2+ years' experience with building data-intensive web applications using modern UI frameworks like React or Polymer.
* Proven track record of designing and building a microservice architecture.
* 6+ years' experience with designing and tuning relational database (MySQL) and non-relation DB (MongoDB, Dynamo DB).
* Experience working with Product Managers, other development teams, and QA teams to accelerate software development and increase quality.
* Be a self-starter with a passion for technology and a burning desire to constantly improve yourself, the product, and the codebase
* Comfortable working within an exciting fast-paced environment by reducing ambiguity and building trust with the team
* Willingness to explore new technologies and creative solutions
* Expert at estimating work, planning, organization, and implementing complex software projects
* Development experience with digital asset management systems like Nuxeo or Alfresco
* Experience using cloud services to build an integrated application with hundreds of simultaneous users in production (AWS - EC2, ECS, API gateway, Lambda).
* Experience with the challenge of moving large files across a geographically disperse network. Experience and knowledge of different accelerated transfer methods and technologies.
* Experience with taking a project from inception to full CI/CD and leading teams with DevOps responsibilities of deploying and supporting the software in production.