Lead Software Engineer, India- ed&a, Icc
Country : India
Region : Karnataka
Town : Bengaluru
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
ED&A team ensures trusted data is available and consistent, capture high quality consumer data, builds analytical products and capabilities and enables fast and seamless integration across Nike's technology solution.
Our team purposefully innovate solutions needed to help navigate Nike's leading position in the constantly evolving marketplace.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a high performing Lead Software Engineer to play a critical role in the development of Nike's Enterprise Data & Analytics capabilities. You will lead a team of engineers with a focus on the development of new solutions and capabilities for various business functions across NIKE. As a Lead Engineer, you are thoughtful, aspirational, and adept at solutioning, architecture and delivery for ED&A teams.
Now, more than ever, Technology needs to respond quickly to turn market disruptions into opportunities for our brand. To achieve this, we must continue to develop our Enterprise Analytics, Data Science & Machine Learning capabilities and team to ensure we're maximizing the power of the Nike enterprise in the analytics/machine learning space and managing data.
Candidate should have
* Strong sense of OWNERSHIP,
* Bias for ACTION
* INNOVATIVE mindset
* Mentor and Coach BEST PEOPLE
* TECHNOLOGY evangelist
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
* Leading the Technical delivery of scalable data and analytics solutions
* Produce best in class code that meets all defined coding standards
* Implementing new and open source technologies
* Design and build reusable components, frameworks and libraries at scale to support analytics data products
* Leading and evolving data and analytics products.
* Lead, Inspire, Coach and Grow team of engineers
* Partner with Engineering Manager, Product Managers to help prioritize work
* Guide technology decisions that drive Nike standard methodologies.
* Drive new futuristic technology onboarding as per the business use cases
* Partner with other engineering teams across Nike, to collaborate on specific tools and technologies.
* Lead design and data architecture to process large data sets, and solve various data challenges.
* Partner with enterprise platform and architecture to design scalable data products and use standards and platforms at Nike.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will be working with diverse team of smart, intelligent and creative people. At Nike we embrace and celebrate unique talent and experience of our teammates.
In this role you'll be working closely with passionate and driven Engineering Manager, Product Management team, Architects, Engineers, Data Analysts, Internal partners and other departments. They will span across various groups including Demand and Supply Management, Supply Chain, Commercial Analytics, and Consumer Insights. You will be in contact with a wide range of great people. One of Nike's maxims is "Win as a Team". In all interactions, you will find success in teamwork, a positive attitude, and hard work
8+ Years experience of building systems and applications
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, other quantitative subject areas, Business, or related fields -or- 5-7 years of relevant business experience
Experience building scalable, real time and high-performance cloud data lake solutions
Experience with relational SQL and scripting languages such as Shell and Python
Experience with source control tools such as GitHub and related dev process
Experience working with Big Data streaming services such as Kinesis, Kafka, etc.
Experience working with NoSQL data stores such as HBase, DynamoDB, etc.
Experience provisioning RESTful API's to enable real-time data consumption
Experience working with Hadoop and Big Data processing frameworks (Spark, Hive, Nifi, Spark-Streaming, Flink, etc.)
Experience working in AWS environment primarily EMR, S3, Kinesis, Redshift, Athena etc
In-depth understanding of micro service architecture
Strong understanding of developing complex data solutions
Experience working on end-to-end solution design
Able to lead others in solving complex problems by taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
Have a passion for data solutions
Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
Strong understanding of solution and technical design
Has a strong problem solving and analytical mindset
Able to influence and communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with team members and business stakeholders
Able to quickly pick up new programming languages, technologies, and frameworks