Lead Engineer - Order Management System
Country : India
Region : Karnataka
Town : Bengaluru
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
At Levi Strauss & Co., you can be yourself - and be part of something bigger. We collaborate instead of competing. We believe that diverse perspectives make us stronger. And we try not to take ourselves too seriously. There's plenty of room to make your mark here. Come work with us and wear what you love.
Once the order has been placed, the direct to consumer core systems take charge of it and move it along the lifecycle. As an OMS Engineer, you will own what we refer to as backend systems - order capture and processing, inventory reservation and systemic replenishment, fulfillment and delivery expectation, payment settlement & refunds along with post-purchase operations such as returns & exchanges. You must have a good understanding of the competitive eCommerce environment, be able to identify leading/trending technology ideas, communicate your findings effectively, build technical solutions, and deliver projects
- Order Management - Manhattan is our Order Management System (OMS). You will be an expert in Enterprise Order Management Application, ensuring that orders are processed efficiently and quickly within our systems, exceeding customer expectations on speed and transparency.
- Fulfillment and Warehouse Management - We leverage a 3rd party for warehouse fulfillment and the handoff from Levi's systems to external partners is critical. You will be monitoring order processing throughout the supply chain and helping to manage customer delivery expectations (known and estimated delivery dates). Ship from Store and Pick up from Store is one of our core omni fulfillment options.
- Customer Operations - Once the order has shipped, our customer service team leverages Manhattan and 3rd party services to meet our customer needs. We are constantly improving OMS and WMS interfaces to provide information in real time to our support agents.
- Settlement and Reconciliation - We process final payment when the order has shipped. You are responsible for supporting the final settlement and financial reconciliation between OMS and ERP systems.
- Reporting & Analytics - We are extremely data driven. You are responsible for supporting data supply to reporting & analytics systems and to data lake including a subject matter expert level knowledge on OMS data sets
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Participates in the full OMS product lifecycle; technical requirements elicitation and definition, implementation and performance analysis
- Hands on experience on Angular, Java, Spring, micro-services, and full-stack technologies; XML, XSD, File Transfers, PL/SQL
- Expert in various integration patterns: web services, REST API and other synchronous/asynchronous integration mechanisms
- Experience working in Waterfall, Agile/Kanban, SAFe project implementation methodology
- Ability to analyze and document technical requirements & design
- Ability to work through ambiguity and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-learner and networking skills that are required to be successful in this role given the matrixed ecosystem and related teams
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and keeps the timelines intact
- Experience in managing Service Providers and Holding them accountable
- Troubleshoot as required to help Production Support or Project Team
- Identifying risks and coming up with contingency plans at the earliest
- Keeping up to date with industry trends and developments.
- 6+ years of application development experience with leading OMS solutions like Manhattan or IBM Sterling OMS
- 4+ years of Retail domain Experience
- Knowledge of API (REST), API Management and building scalable Web APIs
- Familiar with database (SQL Server, MySQL), integrations, and security
- Cloud infrastructure familiarity is an added advantage such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure or GCP
- Flexible work hours to match overseas project implementations