Junior Fashion Designer
Country : India
Region : Tamil Nadu
Town : Tiruppur
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
SAA Apparel history begins with the manufacturing of apparel and accessories for leading international babies' and kids' retailers. The appeal and product quality of SAA Apparel was so broad that in 2011, SAA Apparel entered the apparel retail business with an aim to create fashionable clothing and accessories to celebrate kids being kids in unique head-to-toe looks.
Today SAA Apparel's brands include Jus Cubs, Cuby Clubz and Kids Heaven.
* Researching and presenting seasonal trends in regard to colours, fabrics, and silhouette seasonally.
* Actively develops brand handwriting in line with brand product strategy.
* Produce innovative collections in line with the brand strategy.
* Creating and executing original design concepts to formulate seasonal concepts that are market right.
* Translating design concepts into technical design specification packages which includes illustrator flats with measurements, construction and trim details.
* Evaluating all samples for fit, measurement and functionality from sampling to pre-production state.
* Overseeing all lab dip, colour, wash and finish procedures for woven, denim & knitwear.
* Manage the creation of all prints and artwork.
* Ensuring that design and production calendar stages are being met on time.
Desired Candidate Profile
* Candidate should be a graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Designing preferably from a reputed institute.
* Candidate Should have a good colour sense and colour matching ability.
* Minimum of 2+ years experience in product designing and development preferably in Babies and kidswear industry.
* Equally skilled and knowledgeable in woven, denim and Knitwear designing for the Indian market.
* An Expert of silhouettes, fabrics, colours, sewing techniques, trim and details.
* Extremely organized
* Must be fully proficient in Adobe Illustrator or Coral Draw and should have basics understanding of Adobe Photoshop.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel & Word).
* Proficient language skills are required. Oral and written English skills are a must.
***Applications without portfolios will not be considered.
Other skills : Garment Designing, Product Design, Silhouette, Design, Kids Wear, Sewing, Illustrator, Corel Draw, Photoshop, Draping
Preferred skills : Knitwear, Fashion Designing, Apparel Designing
Experience: 2 to 5 years