e- Commerce Merchandiser & Sales Executive
Country : India
Region : Maharashtra
Town : MUMBAI
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Experience : 2 to 5 years
Starting date : Immediately
After working as head designer at a design house, Sasha went on to join high street fashion brand, Topshop in London. Kaabia went to the Gemological Institute of America, New York to pursue her interest in gemology after which she interned with jewellery designer Eddie Borgo.
In the span of 4 years - Outhouse has had 3 shows at Lakme Fashion Week, numerous exhibits, participated at entrepreneurial summits, won the Vogue Fashion Fund in 2015 and been featured in the Forbes India 30 under 30 list in 2016. Today, Outhouse is one of India’s leading bridge jewellery houses; adorned by style icons and film stars like Sonam Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone, Kangana Ranaut, Nargis Fakri as well as global names like Sienna Miller, Ashley Louis James & Tyra Banks.
Quality & Luxury are the core attributes of the Outhouse brand - from the finishing of the hand crafted pieces, to the beautiful pink packaging box that a customer receives, to the shopping experience at their flagship stores in Delhi and Bangalore.
We are looking for an analytical person with a deep interest for the online business with a strong drive and commercial awareness. It’s crucial for the person to be a team player who can work accordingly under pressure with tight deadlines and to take own initiatives. You take action and know how to work proactively with merchandising; securing the ranking and quantity on products. Taking part and creating sales as well as web and customer analysis are some of your everyday tasks.
Reporting: Will reports to Ecom Business Manager (Business Growth & Strategist)
Experience: 2-3 years +
Qualification: Masters In Fashion Management / Onsite -Merchandising / Consumer Analytics / Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing / merchandising
• Strategic Thinker & Creative thinker
• Excellent Analytical and Reporting skills
• Leaderdership Qualities
• Strong commercial awareness and business minded.
• Strong interest in e-commerce and salesmanship.
• Highly analytical and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills including reporting.
• 2-5 years of Merchandising or controlling experience, preferably in an E-commerce environment.
• Strong business acumen and in-depth knowledge of the desires, needs and expectations of luxury clients across multichannel and multimodal (telephone, live chat, web and email) contact environment.
• Ability to achieve results through influence and problem solving, handling difficult and high-pressure situations.
• You are flexible, ambitious, competitive, humble, open-minded and a fast learner.
• You value own responsibility, fast pace, teamwork and straightforward communication.
• You enjoy working in a fast growing organization, with many different contacts.
• Creative, enthusiastic with a drive to succeed.
• Strong eCommerce operational experience with the ability to re-imagine new ways to improve upon the client promise;
• Must be detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
• Maintain a start-up mentality to move the business forward; this means being resourceful, collaborative and a creative solution-seeker
• Design Conceptualization, New Product development, Market Research, Merchandise Planning, Project Planning, Collection Calendar Making, Category management, Buying, Product Marketing, Product launches, Sourcing, Research & Trend forecasting, Visual merchandising , Marketing - Branding & Digital Marketing.
• Excellent Analytical and Reporting skills.
• Very Good With ECOM handling , with Prior Experience in E commerce
• Should be aware of Online Marketing tools like SEO , SEM , SMM, Email marketing, google analytics .
• Knowledge in following software’s: Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel , Majento or shopify
• Responsibility to understand the Product line and develop offerings, understand price points.
• Prior Experience in Merchandising, buying, category management along with range development.
• Optimizing supply chain : Planning , forecasting , replenishment inventory
Macro Scope of Work
1. Maintaining Website Hygiene
• Weekly Audit for the website on Desktop / mobile ) to ensure all the Collections / Products are proper tagged an Visible
• Proper Inventory levels at the backend are maintained and nothing is showing out of stock
• Ensuring the Visual Aesthetics online are Aligned
• Always working on making the Website more Content Right and engaging.
1. New Collection Upload from the backend
2. Planning Product shoots for the website in accordance with the brand guidelines
3. More Style Centric Photoshoots which are trend focused and relatable.
• Planning Adequate Stock allocation towards the Online Store keeping in mind the Forecasted Sales target.
• Keeping track on Inventory Via the Inventory management system along with daily inventory mapping ( From Stores and warehouse )
• Ensuring Product Descriptions are written with Seo Key word integration with help of content writer
• Tagging of all the Products under the Right categories and collections to ensure all products show on search bar ( Product Grouping )
• Competitor Analysis and staying on trends, competitive market research on both domestic &international markets for product strategy and forecasting.
• Handle the Primary responsibility of Top and bottom line achievement
• Co Planning the Annual Merchandising Calendar for the Brand
• Analysis on Sales , Margins , discounts and inventory related analysis
2. Range / Merchandise planning for the Online Store
• Stock Allocated towards the website for a timely dispatch
• Planning Product Ranges and preparing Sales & Stock plan
• Allocate - Maximize selling and secure profitability by stock freshness by Working on an Online Merchandise Mix Weekly and New Online Drops for adding freshness to the Online Product Mix.
• Prioritize Seasonal merchandise to ensure it goes live on website at the right time
• Controlling Stock Levels based on forecasts for the season.
• Analyzing Best Sellers in terms of Volume & Value and ensuring best sellers give sales to their best potential.
• Monitoring Slow sellers and recommending a clear out strategy after discussing with the management a regular basis
• Competitor analysis in terms of Product Range and identifying mapping business strengths and business needs.
• Trend forecasting domestic and internationally to always staying ahead of the curve.
• Set and coordinate merchandising goals in accordance with COS E-Com team goals.
• As part of the merchandising function within E-Com Sales you will be involved in setting new standards and way of working across all our markets.
• You will be a key driver to further COS E-Com growth.
• Website / Online category expansion by Including “ Online Exclusives “
• Devising a merchandise plan studying integration of new insights with company strategies and operations.
• Allocation certain amounts of stock, to each channel throughout the season.
• Minimize stock holdings and commitment to allow for maximum flexibility and improve stock turnover.
• Coordination the visual display of retail merchandise for e-commerce including understanding customer needs and competitor’s strategies to promote merchandise.
• Allocate - Maximize selling and secure profitability by stock freshness in the online stores.
• Merchandising Strategy for online (Developing a Range plan for the website after Analysis of what Price pint and Style is selling well to increase ROI )
• Category / collection Mapping
• Design Feedback to the Design team : Design Feedback to design team and look at New Category / Product development for enhancing sales also showing best sellers & week sellers
3.New Collection Launch / weekly Drops launch calendar
• Planning Weekly / Bi weekly collection Launches in the form of Drops to add freshness to the website
4.Online Marketing Calendar / Promotions calendar
• Understanding of SEO , SEM
• Collection layouts , banner creation with the help of graphic executive
• Marketing activities & campaign calendar
• Manage in-season performance, including markdown and promotions activities
• Planning the styles to be promoted & new campaign launches on social media & website to drive sales.
• Online Marketing calendar to be planned to increase sales target on historical sales analysis (Launching important campaigns like valentines, rakhis etc.)
• Digital Marketing Strategy & Execution : Deriving a roadmap and strategy to give push to products on digital platforms for conversions
• Visual Language of the Website to be maintained and the website to be very content rich
• Creative Thinker to come up with New concepts to increase sales with the help of the marketing team
• Identify Opportunities foe efficiency & automation, and help implement those improvements.
• Giving Feedback to the Marketing team and working with them to create Visual Content for brand website to help generate traffic on E com
• Emailers / Newsletters campaigns & client reach out activities
• Working on Styling the Slow & okaish movers
• Influencer Marketing to Spread Awareness for the Online Store
• Get Ai to track customers that click on the site and don’t end up purchasing
• Working closely with the Marketing Agency to Look into Add Spends and looking ROI on paid marketing With the Ecom Head.
• Accessing the Traffic on the Website
• Developing strategies with the marketing team to push sales
5 Sales / Order handling
• Planning YOY growth in sales divided quarter wise with the E com Head
• Analyzing past sales figures/ trends to anticipate future product needs.
• Creative and Innovative Strategies to Increase Sales and Profitability
• Drive Sales through our Social media channels and other offline leads.
• Maintaining DSR / weekly Mis and Sell through reports / target reports for numbers achieved during the week. ( Same as offline )
• Order Processing and working closely with the inventory manager for timely dispatch as per Outhouse Website Guidelines
• It’s your responsibility to follow up and analyze the sales development and take necessary actions based on those results together with your team and other departments such as Store Sales and the Marketing department.
• Drive Sales - Maximize selling and create the best shopping experience through Product rotation. Be the expert of your concepts.
• Retargeting Abandoned cart / pending orders / Cancelled orders ( Abandoned cart , connecting with them on Website whatsapp to convert )
• Retargeting abandon cart by sending emailers
• Get Ai to track customers that click on the site and don’t end up purchasing
• Analyzing sales figures and Stock Movements.
• Query 7 Order handling
• Drive On-Line Sales - Maximize selling and create the best shopping experience through Product rotation. Be the expert of your concepts.
• Weekly Mis Reports
• Weekly Sell through Reports
• Weekly Audit Report
• Sell through Analytics of the website to see what is selling and what is not selling.
• Sales and conversion analysis to optimize category performance.
• Collection Mix in % / Price Range / Design mix /
8. Client Database Management
• Lead management and Conversions (Paid and Organic)
• Must be creative in Acquiring new customers.
• Promote and develop positive relationship with Online Customers.
• Maintain A report of Customer Responses / complaints
• Complete Database to be maintained
9. Order& Inventory Management and Dispatch
• Timely Production to be given if the Stock is not in inventory
• Effectively planning : OTB , inventory
• Working closely with the Logistics Company for Prompt delivery of customer orders.
• Payment Reconciliation from accounts team , after checking from all portals ( Pal Pay , CC avenue )
• Keeping a track of Physical Inventory at the warehouse and stores
10. Post Sales Service
• CRM email with thank you email
E Com tasks
• Website banner change weekly: creating new banners with the launch of new products based on collection launches, trends. For Special occasions with carry emotion like valentines / mother’s day , father’s day , rakhi
• Website Homepage Twice a month
• celebrity update on the website
• Press Folder to be updated
• Blogs : 5 a month via the Digital Content writer , in Seo
• Newsletters ( Transactional & Promotional Emails )
• ADDS BANK / Add Sets
• Ensuring better click through rate and less Bounce back Rate
• Planning new product drops on the website to ensure newness
• Onsite merchandising strategy to increase sales
3rd Party Onboarding
• Ensuring the presence of the Brand on Key 3rd party Websites like Ogaan , PPUS , emsemble , Ajio Etc ( Market places which align with the Websites Brand values
• Negotiations on Markdowns and Commercial Contracts. On boarding into Selective , Premium E- commerce for added Sales
• Being present on 20 Key such market places which align with the Brand Vision and goals
• Working on A Sales target for 3rd party vendors along with the E com Head
• Working on A Brand Promotional Plan with the 3rd party to push the Brands Visibility and sales.
• Providing Marketing collaterals like: Campaign images / Video Assets /Lifestyle Shoots along with merchandising sheets.
• Fortnightly review meetings with 3Rd party to understanding Customer analysis / Product analysis to display the best foot forward with the right merchandise
• Strategy for Merchandising on 3rd party vendors
• Order Processing / order management with the help of Inventory for orders via 3rd party market places
• Amplifying the Sales from stockiest : cleverly merchandising so they look different
• Planning events & Exclusive previews (virtually ) with 3rd party to boost sales
• Maintaining the Mis / Sell through of collections for 3rd party vendors as well to understand what collections are doing well