Director Software Engineering – Nike Communications Platform, India - Marketing Technology Icc
Country : India
Region : Karnataka
Town : Bengaluru
Category : Communication
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced Director of Engineering to be part of a mission critical team. This role will serve as a technical leader for the team as they build high-throughput, low-latency, fault-tolerant Communications solutions to drive Nike's Digital transformation and growth strategies. The candidate needs to have strong communication skills, ability to manage up and down, solve complex problems, and being a supportive leader and team player.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
You will build and deliver the technical runway for existing and new Technology capabilities to support multiple mission critical systems within the Communications space. You will rely on your understanding of scalable, highly available, and consistent distributed systems to design world class solutions.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will partner with globally distributed teams of product, program, architecture teams to ensure that the ecosystem of services remains loosely coupled, independently scalable, and meets the needs of the business. You will work directly with engineering teams to lead development of key innovation features. You will report into the Senior Director of Engineering for your capability area.
* Minimum of 5+ years of technical leadership experience, with team sizes of 20+ engineers
* A minimum of 7-10 years software development experience
* Leadership in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline development team environment
* Experience with message-based solutions such as SQS, Kafka, Kinesis
* Experience in micro service architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful Services using languages such as Java and Node
* Experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (e.g. Amazon EC2, GCE, Rackspace, Azure etc.)
* Experience in designing and implementing highly scalable applications
* Experience working with NoSQL data stores like Cassandra, DynamoDB, or MongoDB
* Experience working with relational data stores like MySQL and Oracle
* Experience with monitoring and tracing tools like Splunk, SignalFx and New Relic
* Experience with continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred
* Working knowledge of Scrum and agile principles
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
* Comfortable working with globally distributed and diverse teams
* Commitment to and hands-on experience in performing technical code reviews
* Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
* Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other relevant subject area, or equivalent experience.