Core Engineering Services Manager, India (Servicenow) – Tech Ops Icc
Country : India
Region : Karnataka
Town : Bengaluru
Category : Retail
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for experienced Software/Solution Engineering Manager to join our newly formed Nike Core Engineering Services in Bangalore, India. We are looking for a person who can help team members to develop and support them whenever necessary, set priorities and get results across boundaries, and will ensure an inclusive work environment and manage performance. You will support engineering team activities focused on designing, developing, onboarding and supporting customers to Nike's Global Technology Enterprise Platforms. You will evaluate research and development projects results to assure accomplishment of technical objectives. You will prepare and present reports outlining the teamwork outcomes and make recommendations for actions necessary to achieve desired results. You will hire and chose personnel to ensure the efficient team operation.
You will closely collaborate with Product Owners and Program Managers, and -if needed -temporarily cover these functions in the project your team is working on. If your goal is continuous delivery with an emphasis on supporting other people's growth, helping to build Nike Global Technology presence in India, teaming and pairing to solve problems faster, share knowledge, and learn from others, then this is the right place and position for you.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
You will collaborate with the team to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs. You will have seven to ten direct subordinates. You will engage in five percent or less of domestic and international travel (US) and you will be ready to attend meetings with partners from US West Coast (PST zone) on daily basis. You will support local activities in building and growing Nike Global Technology presence in India.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will work within highly collaborative, multi-discipline development team environment. You are going to work with product management to support product/service scoping activities, program management & scrum master to support delivery of key features in an agile fashion. You will collaborate closely with Nike Technology India Development Center Site Leader and supporting functions to grow Nike Bangalore location presence in ecosystem.
* Master's or bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
* 8+ years overall engineering experience in delivering complex, large scale, distributed systems and/or Hosted Solutions with ServiceNow, cloud platforms -including building and operating cloud native software running on public/private cloud (i.e. AWS, Azure, GCP, K8s, Mesos, OpenStack)
* Recent and relevant experience with ServiceNow products and their integration with other core systems including SAP.
* Experience with Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and its integration with ServiceNow and related systems is desirable.
* Proven track record of 3-5 years' experience as Engineering Manager -managing product, feature, and support teams as part of a globally distributed technology organization
* Proven presentation and facilitation skills, and solid influencing skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication in English
* Self-directed and comfortable to work independently with limited supervision
* Bonus points for experience in managing SRE or DevOps teams providing L2/L3 support to multi-geo hosted services
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.