Area Sales Manager
Country : India
Region : Kerala
Town : Kochi
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
For over 50 years we have been dealing with diagnostics to help physicians and patients make better decisions in the most important moments.
Diagnosis is, in fact, the first step to becoming aware of a person's state of health: this is why our tests can make the difference.
Their precision and reliability allow the early diagnosis of different diseases for millions of people, who will be able to undertake the appropriate clinical pathway.
- Only local candidates with relevant experience can apply
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for successfully finding and managing distributors, customers, and sales partners in their assigned territory. They will be a new business development with outstanding service to the newly developed customer base.
They will ensure continuous revenue growth levels and maximum market penetration are achieved in line with the company and territory goals and in a manner consistent with the company Code of Conduct.
The Area Sales Manager also liaises with the key internal customers such as service and finance to ensure full service is provided to customers, distributors, and sales partners in due time and proactively.
Bachelors Degree in Clinical Laboratory, Biomedical, Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy.
- Knowledge of the laboratories process flow
- Familiarity with the interface of software applications and instruments platforms
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- Seasoned Experience using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Flexibility and ability to liaise with different organizational areas and key internal and external referees
- Very strong English and other language skills
- A true learner with a passion for Pathology and ideally, Immunoassay
- A kind and helping attitude
- Integrity. You do what you say you will do.
- Organizes and coordinates the activities of customers, sales agents, and distributors in the assigned sales territory with the objective of achieving the sales targets and the proceeds set within the budget.
- Monthly forecasting and updates, on time and accurately.
- Plans and actively searches for potential new customers and distributors in the geographical area of responsibility with the view of building profitable new agreements.
- Maintains regular contact with customers, agents, distributors within the area of responsibility. Field visits, conferences, and other key scientific and or clinical events.
- Negotiate distribution contracts in conjunction with Sales Manager and or Sales Agents.
- Ensures the debts collection to guarantee the respect of the payment terms (DSO).
- Alert the finance department on any financial-related issues with distributors.
- Cooperates with the Product Care Area to manage customer claims.
- Liaises with agents, distributors, end customers, and the marketing team to design and implement local promotional activities to support annual sales targets in the territory.
- Follows, in cooperation with Corporate Marketing, the needed activities for the commercial launch of the new products produced by the production sites.
- Provide sales training or product training to agents, distributors, and customers
- Acts in full compliance with DiaSorin Code of Conduct and Company Policies and guidelines.
- Provide to the Sales Manager the related data referring to:
- The preparation of annual budgets and sales forecasts.
- Compilation of market research for new products.
- General administration duties related to all aspects of the assigned territory including submission of monthly reports and trip reports to National Sales Manager.
Other skills : Sales, Diagnostics, Immunological Techniques, Business Development, Channel Partner Development, Hospital Sales
Preferred skills : Area Sales Management, Sales Training, Market Research
Experience: 5 to 10 years