209, Second Floor, Diamond Queen Building, 198, Raja Ram Mohan Roy Rd, Charni Road East, Prarthana Samaj, Girgaon, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400004
Accessories (Shoes & Handbag) Designer
Country : India
Region : Maharashtra
Town : MUMBAI
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Experience : 2 to 5 years
Starting date : Immediate
Salary : as per industry standards
As the unconventional artist, we work with materials, designs, and processes that are different. We bring together modern ideas with traditional techniques to create unique products that possess the sentiments we stand for. Driven by a great love for our planet and all the life it bears, we work towards creating sustainable, vegan products in an ethical manner. It's not just the products and processes that matter to us. We also strive to empower our people, we work with skilled artisans and cobblers who often come from underprivileged sections of society, by providing them a fair wage and safe environment and offer our customers products which give them the ability to make ethical and responsible choices.
Being PETA certified vegan and pro-sustainability means that we try to imbibe these principles in our business. From production to packaging, material to finishing we try and find solutions that reflect what we stand for. We save tires from heading to landfills and give our shoes a renewed sole, we use surplus foam discarded by auto manufacturers to bring in a comfort to your feet, we are handcrafting our shoes and handbags which are completely vegan and even our packaging supports fair-trade self-help groups. We are constantly exploring sustainable materials and try to incorporate an eco-friendly element with each new launch. In addition, we encourage our customers to send back our product for recycling, at the end of its life cycle.
Launched in London, United Kingdom (UK) in 2016, we are now present in six countries - Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, Germany, India, and USA.Although, through our online store, we have been able to reach out to customers across the globe.
Accessories design degree or equivalent
At least 2-3 years’ experience as an accessory designer and atleast 2 collections work experience each for shoes and bags.
Understanding of sustainable materials. Previous work on collections with sustainability approach will be an added advantage.
Having an eye for colour and textures
Confident in presenting your designs formally and informally
A practical knowledge and experience of production methods
A flair for design with great creativity and imagination
Ability to produce original ideas based
Able to work without supervision, but as part of a highly productive team.
Highly creative, flexible work style with the ability to work in a rapid paced, energised environment
Strong business acumen
Strong team player who is driven to succeed and draws inspiration from working collaboratively with others.
- Develop customer and market (Europe and India) focussed collections each season in line with company strategy for the brand taking into consideration sustainability approach.
- Design direction, research trends, new vegan and sustainable materials, trims and colour palettes and design new product incorporating original ideas.
- Creating and completing mood boards for every new collection.
- Continual review and reaction of the market and social media to identify emerging product opportunities.
- To be continually aware of emerging trends and competitor products.
- Sound technical knowledge of accessories construction, fabrics, finishing techniques and processes.
- Strong knowledge of CAD, illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Provide technical drawings to suppliers, finalising the approved designs for production.
- Work closely with the Production team to ensure fit and aesthetics meet the brand requirements.