Hand Embroidery Designer
We are a Hi Fashion Garment Export House & Embroidery Atelier in Noida, India, catering to Indian and International Fashion Retail Brands.
At Simon & Cailand, we like to deliver results with pace and quality. If you are resilient, work well under pressure and want to work for growing and inspirational brands, we would love to hear from you.
To be considered for this role, please send your application (including CV and portfolio) through email:
We are currently looking for a Embroidery Designer to support our design team, who can develop embroideries from sketches and inspiration ideas for specific techniques.
• Strong research for swatch & Artwork development
• Design and develop exciting, innovative, creative swatches in-line with house aesthetic
• Design swatches with detailed artwork template, key & material (produce swatches in-house when necessary)
• Work creatively with Embroidery Development Manager and Embroidery Artwork Design Manager to develop swatches and Artworks which keep to budgets with consideration of material, availability and price
• Have awareness of cost and process of embroidery trim purchase order
• Maintain archive of embroidery swatches and materials and document all swatches/artworks
• Design from and follow all tech packs relating to embroidery department
• Knowledge on embroidery techniques, colour, base fabric, artwork placement and silhouette, with guidance and direction.
• Communicate with Pattern Cutters to understand construction of the dress to clearly define artwork
• Document all embroidery artworks, changes and developments
• Generate hand-over documentation and production amendments after piece is complete (including revised keys, final artworks and swatch templates)
• When needed, provide info on embroidery materials for consumption and costing purposes
• Follow sampling & production schedule
• Where applicable, liaise directly with our external supplier base
The Ideal Candidate
• Must have extensive knowledge of Embroidery techniques and have previous experience working in a luxury fashion environment within an embroidery/artwork function.
• Experience of liaising with suppliers is advantageous.
• Experimental & Creative
• Respects deadlines
• Strong contributor to team