Central Strategy And Marketing Manager
Uptownie is an online fashion label that retails women’s apparel, accessories and footwear. Founded in 2015 by Priyanka Agarwal (Duke University, LSE), the fashion brand retails via Uptownie.com and through leading e-commerce platforms such as Amazon, Flipkart, Jabong, etc.
Uptownie is looking for a Central Strategy and Marketing Manager. The incumbent will wear multiple hats and work closely with the founder to aid business growth and new initiatives in a friendly, fast-paced business environment. It is a full-time opportunity based out of Kolkata.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Production planning –
-Analysing sales and return trends and creating style-wise monthly, quarterly and annual production and sourcing plans.
-Monitoring inventory at a weekly level and creating rolling production plans for top-moving styles.
Performance Marketing –
-Creating, monitoring and optimizing ads on Facebook ads and Google AdWords to direct relevant traffic to the website.
-Optimising the ROI from spends on digital marketing. Drawing insights from ad performance, providing feedback to graphics team, optimizing search content with the catalog team.
Website performance monitoring
-Creating reports from Google Analytics and drawing insights on user behavior from the same.
-Using insights to recommend and execute changes in pricing, website layout, landing pages, traffic redirection to improve conversions and other metrics such as bounce rates, avg time spent on page.
Sales, visibility and promo planning on partner platforms
-Liaise with account managers on partner platforms and ensure monthly sales targets, participation in sale events, pricing, brand visibility options.
-Communicating the sales plan with internal teams and ensuring the warehousing, production and fulfillment teams are on track with goals.
Compensation and benefits:
-Salary is negotiable based on applicant profile
-Young, friendly work environment with high level of flexibility in terms of leading and driving projects
• MBA / PGDM / post-graduate degrees in business / marketing is a plus
• At least one year of work experience in a structured work environment after last educational qualification is a must
Experience and Skills:
• Comfort with crunching numbers and knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must
• Demonstrated ability to manage teams, work with people and engage across levels
• Exposure to and understanding of digital marketing basics – prior experience managing digital marketing campaigns would be a plus
• Knowledge and understanding of basics across functions such as Marketing, Supply Chain, Operations, Fulfillment in an e-commerce environment would be highly preferred
• Prior experience in fashion, lifestyle, FMCG, retail categories would be a plus